How to Change Name with Southwest Airlines?
Southwest Airlines is among the major low-cost air passenger carrier of the United States. With its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, it operates flight services to some important US destinations such as Chicago, Baltimore, Washington, Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas, Orlando, Arizona, Nassau, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Jose, Mexico City, and more. It has an expanded scheduled flight network to 121 destinations in the United States and ten additional countries on the continent. Also, Southwest Airlines' cheap tickets are definitely a green flag for the journey.
If you have committed a human error while making Southwest Airlines ticket booking on the official website, you can easily make changes to your reservations. Southwest allows changing misspelled names that may lead to a considerable loss. Southwest Airlines' name change policy gives you a free hand to make changes to your existing itinerary as per your choice where you can change your name without any hassle.
Change Name on a Southwest Flight Ticket
Southwest's name change policy on a ticket is a simple one. Please refer to the following points to avoid any loss due to misspelled names:
- If you want to make any changes to your reservations, you will be allowed once. You are allowed to make any type of change to your Southwest flight booking.
- The name change policy allows you to correct your misspelled name up to 4 characters. Also, no third-party travel agent can create a new flight PNR with the hope to change the name if possible with it.
- Southwest Airlines does not allow any change in the ownership of the travelers in an existing PNR of the flight. In that case, they need to cancel the record locator, then claim a refund, and book a Southwest flight with a different name.
What can you Change on the Website?
Southwest Airlines Name Correction: You can correct up to 4 characters in any of the passenger(s) first name, middle name, or last name. You can make corrections in any one of the three names.
Southwest Airlines Name Change: As per Southwest's name change policy, name changes are allowed in certain circumstances such as after marriage or divorce, or a legal name change on the Southwest flight ticket.
How to change the name on Southwest Airlines Ticket Booking?
Here are the steps you can use to change your name on the Southwest flight ticket. This can be done online or on call.
Online Name Change
- Open southwest.com on your device web browser and click on 'Manage Reservations' under the 'Flight' option of the "FLIGHT | HOTEL | CAR | VACATIONS" tab.
- Enter the six-digit confirmation number along with the first name and last name of the passenger, and click on the 'Search' button to proceed further.
- Click on the 'Name Change' option on the next page to make changes to the name of the passenger.
- After making relevant changes in the name, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email ID.
Please note that name change request is applicable on both ANYTIME and BUSINESS SELECT fares. Pay name change charges if applicable. For more details, contact Southwest Airlines customer care service and get your issues resolved in no time.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Fee
Southwest Charges $150 as a name correction fee if the name change request is made within 24 hours of the booking. The airline's executives ask for legal documentation to verify the name change request. Documents may include a valid license, birth certificate, marriage papers, or anything that reflects the correct name of the passenger.
Name correction is allowed for only 4 characters of the entire name of the passenger. After the correction, the ticket will be sent to the airline's booking desk for rebooking a new ticket in the same available class or higher class upon request. However, a fare difference may apply for this. Book first flight helps to book Southwest flights in an easy way.