How to Change Southwest Airlines Flight Online?
Sometimes things won't go as we thought and we need to make some changes to our plans. When this situation comes while changing our flight plans, we think 10 times more either to change a flight or not. Well, you need to ease off with Southwest Airlines as it is a trusted airline in this matter. With well-managed Southwest Airlines change flight policy, you may not find any hassle. Southwest completely understands this and it offers an easy flight change mechanism to its customers.
Key Points regarding Southwest Flight Change Policy
Book a flight with Southwest Airlines and get amazing flight deals with discounted airfares. Here are some important points regarding Southwest Airlines flight change policy:
- You can make changes to your Southwest flight booking within 24 hours of your actual purchase of the ticket to avoid flight change charges.
- If you are purchasing a new ticket whose price is higher than the initial flight ticket, then you need to pay the difference in the airfare. In case the new ticket price is less than the initial airfare, you will receive the remaining amount back in your original form of payment or saved as a credit in your account.
- You can change your flight up to 10 minutes before the actual flight departure. Make sure that your flight change must be within the next 24 hours, you need to check in for your new flight to avoid any hassles in the future.
- If you forget to make any changes to your flight within 20 minutes before the actual flight departure, you will not receive any travel credits.
Steps to Change Southwest Flights Online
Here is a step by step method to change your Southwest flight online through the southwest.com website:
- Open the Southwest Airlines reservations website and log in to your account. Enter your Southwest username and password to log in.
- Select the option of Change/Cancel Flight after logging in to your account.
- Enter the flight confirmation number, first name, and last name of the traveler. Then click on the change flight button.
- Search for the flight that you want to change from the list of all flights you have booked previously (if any).
- Cancel your flight and proceed further to book a new Southwest flight.
- Click on the “Select New Flights” option and click on the continue button.
- Review your flight selection and pay extra charges if the new flight fare is more than the previous flight fare.
In this way, you can change your existing Southwest Airlines booking and book a new flight hassle-free. You can reach out to the Southwest Customer service helpline for more help.